At the 2018 Festival of Genomics London, I'll be chairing a panel on the integration of biomedical data. Get along, the festival is free and fun:
My co-panellists will be:
- Sofia Olhede (UCL)
- Bissan Al-Lazikani (ICR)
- Mathew Woodwark (Medimmune)
Possible topics include:
- What is integration and why integrate data?
- Technical barriers & standards
- What's the end result for healthcare
- Pritchard's omingenics: does every gene effect every other gene?
- The promise & problems of machine learning
- Graph databases & knowledge bases & reasoning?
- Importance of rigourous statistics
- Model-based medicine
- Impact of GDPR